Managing Director, National Capital Region
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS
At Per Scholas, we believe a thriving workforce starts with equitable access to education. Our mission is to advance economic equity through rigorous training for tech careers and to connect skilled talent to leading businesses. Per Scholas envisions a technology workforce as diverse as the customers it serves. More than 14,000 of our graduates have launched successful careers through our no-cost technical training.
The Managing Director (MD) leads the strategy, fundraising, community engagement, programmatic, and administrative success at our National Capital Region (NCR) campus. Reporting to the Regional Senior Vice President, Northeast, the MD will lead a talented team to execute and advance our mission. Top candidates will bring a proven record of successfully attracting and cultivating corporate and foundation funders and partners. They will bring a high emotional intelligence and be skilled at developing long-term relationships. And they will thrive in an entrepreneurial, innovative, and high-growth environment.
Fundraising & Business Development (70%)
- Develop and lead Per Scholas NCR’s fundraising strategy in partnership with the Regional SVP and with support from the National Development team
- Identify and cultivate new funder relationships through a diverse range of fundraising activities (e.g., foundation, corporate, public, individual, and earned income)
- Partner with the National Development team to generate grant requests and reports
- Partner with the National Social Ventures and Sales teams to generate business development and customized training opportunities
- Expand and partner with a local advisory board of business and community leaders
- Represent Per Scholas at regional meetings, conferences, panels, and media opportunities
Team Leadership (20%)
- Serve as Per Scholas NCR’s primary liaison and point of contact with the training, finance, communications, development, administration, human capital, and social ventures teams
- Lead and develop a talented team of seven local staff and facilitate regular feedback, performance management, and professional development
- Follow local and national workforce, business, and tech industry trends to anticipate learner and employer needs
- Ensure that all training goals are met or exceeded, including outcomes tracking and reporting, using Salesforce and other data platforms
- Manage and inform the annual operating budget
Program Leadership (10%)
- Develop, lead, and implement Per Scholas NCR’s annual operating plan in partnership with the National Training Team and Regional SVP
- Increase awareness of Per Scholas’ brand and tech training in the region
- Cultivate a pipeline of employer partners in the NCR community
- Ensure high-quality delivery of our tech training to Per Scholas adult-learners and alumni
- Implement new training initiatives in response to local market demand
- 5+ years of experience managing high-performing teams
- Demonstrated success identifying and cultivating new corporate and foundation funders and partners
- Inclusive philosophy with experience working with ethnically and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Demonstrated understanding of what it takes to build a supportive, collegial work culture
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Superior conversational, presentation, and writing skills
- Experience in workforce development, talent acquisition, and human resources a plus
- Functional knowledge of Salesforce and data management a plus
- You thrive in a creative, innovative, fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You are open to and accepting of feedback, coaching, and growth
- You are a data-driven, results-oriented and forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style; you’re excited to work both cross-functionally with other departments and independently
- You are tech-savvy and learn quickly
- You are detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- You stand behind our purpose, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying careers, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of our organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career development and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development, and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities at businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 14 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 12,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.