ABOUT OCEAN CONSERVANCY
Ocean Conservancy educates and empowers citizens to take action on behalf of the ocean. From the Arctic to the Gulf of Mexico to the halls of Congress, Ocean Conservancy brings people together to find solutions for our water planet. Informed by science, our work guides policy and engages people in protecting the ocean and its wildlife for future generations.
The Accounting Manager position is responsible for all aspects of General Ledger maintenance, supervises all accounting functions and provides backup support for payroll functions. This includes an array of tasks from review of data entry to producing accurate and timely financial statements.
- Review and/or prepare all monthly journal entries
- Review and/or prepare all annual adjusting journal entries
- Review and/or prepare all monthly and annual reconciliations
- Supervise the Accounts Payable process and Accounts Payable Manager
- Review Payroll and serve as backup processor and payroll support
- Train and/or cross train other Finance staff members in general ledger maintenance
- Research and respond to staff inquiries.
- Manage the annual audit process
- Prepare information for the company’s annual tax return
- Report and identify recurring problems, offer suggested solutions and seek resolution of issues
- Assist in any ad hoc reporting as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 or more years of recent relevant experience Extensive working knowledge of GAAP.
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (a Bachelor’s in Finance or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting can substitute for the BS in Accounting)