About Ocean Conservancy
Ocean Conservancy educates and empowers citizens to take action on behalf of the ocean. From the Arctic to the Gulf of Mexico to the halls of Congress, Ocean Conservancy brings people together to find solutions for our water planet. Informed by science, our work guides policy and engages people in protecting the ocean and its wildlife for future generations.
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for all aspects of General Ledger maintenance. This includes an array of tasks from review of data entry to ensuring that monthly financial statements accurately reflect the status of the organization.
- Supervise the Accounts Payable process
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of select annual adjusting journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of select annual reconciliations
- Identify recurring problems, offer suggested solutions and seek resolution of issues.
- Assist in ad hoc reporting as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires 4 or more years of recent relevant experience .
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Great Plains and Concur experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (a Bachelor’s in Finance or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting can substitute for the BS in Accounting).