Associate Director, Corporate Partnerships
KaBOOM! is looking for a passionate, self-motivated corporate fundraiser to join the Partnership Development team in Washington, D.C. As an Associate Director on the team, you will play a key role in supporting KaBOOM! revenue generation by building relationships with corporate decision makers to secure six and seven figure multi-year gifts to support our programs initiatives and operations.
What you’ll do:
What you have:
- Secure new restricted and unrestricted annual revenue in excess of $2M toward the organization-wide revenue target of $28M+ against stated fundraising priorities – driving revenue and resources toward KaBOOM! strategic priorities
- Cultivate a portfolio of prospective partners in your assigned geographic region and/or industry
- Clearly articulate the KaBOOM! value proposition taking prospects through all phases of the business development cycle, including calls and meetings, presentations, budget and proposal development, appropriate follow up, contract negotiations, relationship management and stewardship
- Collaborate with your Partnership Management counterpart as well as colleagues in other departments via extended partner support teams to successfully implement partnership terms and expectations
- Maintain an understanding of the current city partnership priority markets and opportunities so that corporate funding can be directed toward it as appropriate
- Ensure all partner activities/results are monitored and reported in a professional manner to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain a solid understanding of the KaBOOM! mission, strategic plan, culture, values, history, programs and initiatives, and stay abreast of trends in corporate philanthropy
- Actively contribute to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, equity, inclusion, and cultural competence
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience in new business revenue generation, fundraising programs and/or direct sales and securing six and seven figure multi-year gifts
KaBOOM! is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that is dedicated to giving all kids – regardless of color or zip code – the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play. We prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion as an integral part of our culture. We strongly encourage people of color (including bilingual and bicultural), all genders identities and gender expressions, people of all abilities, LGBTQ individuals, veterans and national service alumni to apply.
- Proven strategic prospecting and pipeline management skills with direct experience managing against overall revenue goals
- Past experience developing and growing comprehensive partnerships with Fortune 500 companies
- Exceptional and persuasive written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with staff, community leaders and senior level executives
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver; able to balance tension between partner expectations and organizational capabilities, strategies and results
- Advanced CRM skills (Salesforce preferred) and expertise in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and goals with high ethical standards, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to travel to assigned territory, events and conferences
- Passion for the vision and mission of KaBOOM!