Central Valley Opportunity Fund (CVOF)Located in Merced County, CA
The Central Valley Opportunity Fund (CVOF) of The California Community Foundation is seeking a skilled, highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as a Lead Consultant. The ideal teammate will have the demonstrated ability to act as a trusted advisor.
The Central Valley Opportunity Fund is seeking a Lead Consultant to help develop and operationalize its emerging initiative that will address the economic and social well-being of individuals and their communities of Merced. The Lead Consultant will report to the Advisory Committee of the CVOF.
- Develop strategies that ensure more individuals have access to job opportunities and general support so they can successfully pursue their hopes and aspirations
- Meet program goals through collaboration and networking with national and local entities that are experts within this arena, including those within government, the broader philanthropic community, business, advocates and those currently serving immigrant, homeless and other populations
- Ability to look systemically for solutions and opportunity and identify various funding tools for social impact
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Ability to collaborate with other entities and stakeholders
- Ability to serve the vision of the organization’s leadership
- Availability and willingness to travel
- Manage up, down, and laterally
- Develop and maintain community partnerships and networks
- Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of seven years of leadership experience in strategic investments and/or grant making
- Public affairs/advocacy experience
- General business acumen with social impact investment experience
- Experience with financial and managerial concepts and budgets
- Demonstrated experience with local or national efforts to improve economic and social well-being of individuals and their communities
About the Central Valley Opportunity Fund
- Strong belief in the opportunity for individuals and their communities to pursue their hopes and aspirations when barriers to their success are reduced or eliminated
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity
- You are a helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and work with others to tackle the tasks at hand
The Central Valley Opportunity Fund of The California Community Foundation (CVOF) believes that all individuals possess unique talents and capabilities but not everyone has the agency to realize their full potential. CVOF works to eliminate barriers and create pathways so every individual can successfully pursue their hopes and aspirations. Focused on the City and County of Merced, through philanthropy, CVOF will address the economic and social well-being of individuals and their communities including but not limited to immigrant and homeless populations as well as those who are underemployed.
The California Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status of protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with a disability.