Hire Heroes USAChief Operating OfficerAlpharetta, Georgia
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the organization’s mission by overseeing four programmatic and operational functions: (1) Client Services, (2) Employment Partnerships and Opportunities, (3) Volunteer Programs, and (4) Program Operations. The COO also plays a critical role in the development and maintenance of strategic partnerships and the development and fielding of all services provided to our clients.
HHUSA is seeking a seasoned leader to ensure the organization continues to improve its operational and administrative infrastructure as it grows. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated record of managing and enhancing the administration of a high-performing organization or large department. The top candidate will be a creative problem-solver who thrives on identifying solutions and focusing on what’s possible while facilitating strong collaboration and communication across the organization. S/he will bring strong emotional intelligence and a proven ability to help individuals and teams achieve their full potential.
Programmatic Strategy, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Establish annual performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for assigned functions
- Manage HHUSA’s internal systems, policies, and procedures to meet goals, promote best practices, and improve operational performance
- Coordinate with the senior team to ensure fulfillment of operational and financial commitments
- Maintain an effective company-wide CRM database to inform performance metrics and operational reports as well as a database of items such as partner engagement and donor information
- Oversee the strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation of all of HHUSA’s programs
- Ensure the quality of all program delivery and design and implement improvements whenever possible
- Develop new programs, products, and methods to maintain HHHUSA’s status as the national leader in veteran and military family employment services
- Manage the priorities, professional development, and performance evaluation of the programs and operations staff
- Ensure all staff have the resources, tools, and support they need to perform their functions
- Engage with the CEO and senior team to manage current and future organizational structure and cultural change
- Maintain existing partnerships such as Onward to Opportunity and develop new partnerships to expand the service offerings to our clients
About Hire Heroes USA
- Mission-oriented leader with a demonstrated passion for the mission of HHUSA
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience in a senior operational role
- Strong executive functioning skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and pay attention to details
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic and operational plans in support of a mission
- Demonstrated team leadership abilities with a passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing individuals’ capabilities
- Unquestioned integrity and exceptional work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player with a commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Connection to the military community
Hire Heroes USA empowers US military members, veterans and military spouses to succeed in the civilian workforce. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, Hire Heroes' services are provided at no cost to clients.
Be the Nation’s preferred veteran employment service organization through a relentless focus on personalized career coaching that improves clients’ quality of life and strengthens the US economy.
Integrity, Passion, Effectiveness and Collaboration
Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Hire Heroes USA has built a national reputation of excellence for its success at helping veterans and military spouses find jobs – currently at the rate of nearly 200 clients confirmed hired every week.
The hallmark of the program is a personal approach where each client receives dedicated assistance from a highly-trained staff member to help them overcome barriers to employment.
Hire Heroes is an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, domestic violence victim status, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other protected factor. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, training, leaves of absence and termination. Sexual harassment or harassment based on other protected group status, as defined by law is also prohibited.