LeaderFit is a women-owned national executive search firm rooted in a passion for social impact, authentic relationships, and ten years of experience successfully placing exceptional talent in mission-driven organizations.
The LeaderFit team includes practitioners with nonprofit, philanthropic, and corporate leadership experience who embody the values of excellence, authenticity, trust, and inclusion. Driven by these values, LeaderFit knows communities are stronger when extraordinary talent is matched with organizations focused on solving the world’s most intractable challenges. To this end, our goal is to help mission-driven organizations hire and develop the best leadership talent. LeaderFit provides critical expertise in hiring, onboarding, and retaining talent in a cost-effective and efficient manner so that nonprofits and other mission-driven organizations can focus their time and resources on reaching their own organizational goals.
LeaderFit works closely with the executive teams and Boards of nonprofits, foundations, and social enterprises, investing significant time and energy to become trusted advisors to our clients. We work hard to understand each client’s unique culture, strategic objectives, program offerings, and talent needs. As a result, LeaderFit has developed a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture that allows us to adapt to our clients’ needs and create new initiatives to better serve the social sector’s talent space. Ultimately, we are most passionate about and genuinely committed to ensuring our clients hire the very best talent.
LeaderFit is seeking a proactive, detail-oriented, and conscientious team player with a proven passion for social impact. The Senior Associate will play a key role in supporting searches through a wide variety of client engagement activities including: preparing search proposals, drafting job descriptions, screening resumes, researching and identifying potential candidates, and conducting phone interviews. The Senior Associate position allows for professional growth through deeper engagement in the search process as the individual becomes proficient in the position. The Senior Associate also will play a key role in supporting special projects and initiatives, including Purpose Path, our career coaching program.
The ideal candidate will bring a proactive “can do” attitude and an exceptional client service ethic. S/he will be a creative and proactive problem-solver with a proven ability to learn quickly and take initiative. In addition, the top candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Support senior team members in facilitating all aspects of the search process:
- Drafting and customizing proposals in response to prospective clients’ specific needs
- Drafting and editing job descriptions and offer letters with accuracy and attention to detail
- Conduct research to identify potential candidates
- Review candidate applications and update candidate application database as necessary on a timely basis
- Communicate with candidates via email and phone to schedule interviews and share application status
- Conduct first-round phone interviews and reference checks, collecting key information and taking detailed notes
- Communicate with clients via email and phone to schedule interviews and provide updates
- Support Purpose Path programming
- Support outreach and advertising, including creating collateral and developing website content
- Communicate with vendors and attendees to confirm details and send relevant information
- Oversee logistics and provide day-of event support
- Drive marketing and communications for LeaderFit
- Design and implement social media strategy on multiple platforms
- Craft press releases, notices, and other written content for publishing
- Lead and manage other marketing projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of work experience preferred
- Demonstrated passion for social impact, as evidenced by experience working or volunteering in the nonprofit sector
- Superb organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong client service ethic
- Resourcefulness and proactive problem-solving skills in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Exceptional writing skills
- Experience with event support, including day-of execution
- Flexibility and ability to reprioritize activities as needed
- Comfortable learning new software to improve efficiency
- Experience using social media platforms is a plus