CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Silver Spring, MD
CollegeTracks is a dynamic organization with dedicated staff, board and volunteers who believe that every student who graduates from high school deserves the opportunity to complete college or technical school regardless of his or her family income or experience with the college application process. Despite Montgomery County’s excellent public school system and perceived affluence, there is an opportunity gap. CollegeTracks was founded to close that gap. Many qualified low-income high school graduates lack the support needed to navigate the complexities of higher education. CollegeTracks is addressing this need through innovative, high-impact programs. Recognizing that getting a college or vocational degree is critical to finding a job, succeeding at that job, and supporting a family, CollegeTracks changes lives and communities by helping Montgomery County’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the college and financial aid application process and providing mentoring during college so students may persist and graduate. Since 2003, more than 3,600 CollegeTracks students have enrolled in college; they are graduating at 2 to 3 times the rates of their low-income peers nationally.
We are seeking a seasoned executive leader with a passion for closing the opportunity gap, proven experience in a high-performing nonprofit leadership role, and an ability to build and sustain successful relationships with partners and funders. The top candidate will also lead the execution of the mission, serve as the organization’s primary public spokesperson, ensure the organization’s financial health and operational efficiency, and manage and grow a talented staff.
- Vision and strategy: Lead CollegeTracks’ strategic direction and program growth; collaborate with staff, board, and key stakeholders to set and achieve clear goals
- Relationship management: Develop and cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, including foundations, nonprofit partners, corporate supporters, government agencies, volunteers, and board members
- Resource development: Manage existing funder relationships and generate new revenue from diverse sources including county, corporate and foundation partners
- Programs, operations, and financial management: Oversee successful programs and operations, including effective financial management, reporting, risk management and compliance
- Communications and external relations: Serve as the principal spokesperson and advocate for CollegeTracks and generate new external opportunities to collaborate and grow
- Staff leadership and culture: Ensure that all functions are appropriately staffed and provide professional development, coaching, and mentorship to staff
- Impact measurement: Oversee the collection and use of data to monitor progress and quality, learn, improve programs, and report on impact
CollegeTracks is committed to fostering a diverse organization and strongly encourages minorities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. CollegeTracks is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, age, sex, religion, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
- Proven ability to help shape and execute an organization’s strategy and successfully advance its mission
- Previous experience in a nonprofit leadership role, including managing and coaching a talented leadership team, and experience or appetite for partnering with an engaged board of directors
- Demonstrated aptitude for cultivating strong relationships with existing and new funders and diverse community partners, to drive sustainability and growth
- Commitment to cultivating a culture of continual learning and growth grounded in data
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to relate to diverse audiences
Learn more about CollegeTracks at https://www.collegetracksusa.org/