Vice President of Development
The Future Project
New York, NY
The Vice President of Development will build the country’s most effective and innovative engine for philanthropic giving -- reinventing how fundraising is done, and working with The Future Project to secure its next $100 million and expand its impact to all 50 states.
What Is Possible
Currently, The Future Project is one of the top performing social impact organizations in the country from a philanthropic point of view. We have raised more than $25 million in less than four years with commitments that match that in the future. However, we are eager to significantly diversify our philanthropic base - spanning major foundations, leading philanthropists, and major corporations - and to professionalize it so that we can systematically find philanthropic investment for any project that we take on as an organization.
- Thinking big and bold about the magnitude and nature of giving in the realm of social innovation; leading our capital campaign for Future Schools raising $50 million across the next 3 years, and designing and leading our long-term fundraising -- currently estimated at $250 million -- to establish TFP as a lasting engine for social change
- Mobilizing existing donors as champions of our cause and as a community of big thinking philanthropists committed to a better future for this country
- Building a world class-fundraising team and systems to ensure the fundraising organization operates seamlessly and sustainably.
- Building the infrastructure for regional fundraising for our direct expansion into new cities and communities
- Working in partnership with the executive team to develop a pathway for financial sustainability
- Able to travel extensively to meet funders
- Proven experience raising over $10MM
- Exceptional relationship-building experience
- Prior experience leading a highly successful fundraising team
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills; can brand and package opportunities that resonate
- Meticulously organized and able to run complex systems with ease and manage high stakes relationships
- Great leader and team builder, capable of inspiring a that team to do more than they think they can
Apply for this position
In your cover letter, please tell us why you are passionate about your mission and what makes you uniquely qualified for this role.